Free Data Science courses you are searching for, you have landed at the right place.
We just saw an influencer on Instagram whose story we would love to share. He had completed his education and would work in a call center. Daily picking thousands of calls and fatigue day. He would not even enjoy what he was doing. He struggled hard to support himself and his family.
But time changes, data science is here. So the influencer completed a new degree in data science, and life turned on. He did not only have a wonderful job but started a side Hustle. A profitable hustle in cryptocurrency because of his analyzing skills.
This story was a reference for the importance of Data Science.
FACT CHECK: In 2015, 67% of data scientists were happy or very happy in their job. What has happened in the newest two years? 88% of all data scientists are now happy or very happy in their job. Interested in why this expansion, or whether you should pursue a career in this area?
Are you amongst the one who thinks that the Data Science course is still not the best?
Who is a Data Scientist?
Wikipedia defines a Data Scientist as a person who uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms, and systems to extract knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data and apply knowledge and actionable insights from data across a broad range of application domains.
Role of Data Scientist?
A data scientist mostly works with companies and other business owners to understand their goals. These goals are achieved through his analyzing and insightful skills from unstructured data. They design several algorithms which work for the company. Here is a short list of them:
- putting questions to begin the discovery process
- Obtain data
- Structure the Data
- Fit in and store data
- Investigate initial data and examining data analysis
- Choose one or more potential models and algorithms
- Apply data science techniques, such as machine
- learning, statistical modeling, and artificial intelligence
- Measure and improve results
- Present final result to stakeholders
- Make adjustments based on feedback
- Repeat the process to solve a new problem
Career in Data science:
According to many reports published and many analyses,
the data scientist is one of the most profitable and coolest jobs. According to Glassdoor, it ranked data scientist jobs in the top 10 for five consecutive years. Now it’s on the 2nd best job. The Harvard business review named Data scientist as the sexiest job of the 21st century. One can know its importance that now Google and Microsoft are offering a six-month course on it but they are paid courses.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics concurs, stating that employment of all computer and information research scientists is expected to rise 16 percent by 2028—a rate of increase that exceeds many other professions. Now data scientists are not too much, which means it’s gaining popularity.
Salaries in Data science:
According to Robert Half Technology’s 2020 Salary Guide, data scientists earn an average annual salary between $105,750 and $180,250 per year. However, compensation can vary depending on location. For example, average salaries in cities across the United States include:
- San Francisco: $121,836
- Seattle: $108,399
- New York: $101,387
- Boston: $101,064
- Los Angeles: $99,014
- Austin: $96,495
- Atlanta: $91,049
- Washington, D.C.: $89,738
- Chicago: $88,758
- Charlotte: $87,306
Moreover, as data scientists gain expertise, they often progress into more senior positions with tremendous pay. These include:
- Senior Data Scientist: $125,925
- Data Science Manager: $135,401
- Data Science Director: $157,273
But wait, becoming a data scientist requires some of the superior skills. Don’t worry; these skills are not hard as we are told. Instead, these courses are the basics of your free data science courses.
Here are some of the major skills you can learn:
- Statistical analysis: Identifying patterns in data. includes having a keen
- sense of pattern detection.
- Pandas: Solve
- short hands-on challenges to make your manipulation skills perfect.
- Data Visualization: A great way to see the power of coding. Make
- great data visualization.
- Feature engineering: Discover how to get most of your data. Better
- features make better models.
- Data Cleaning: Master efficient workflows for cleaning
- real-world, messy data.
- Machine learning: Learn the core ideas in machine learning. Make
- algorithms and enable a computer to dig out data from it.
- Intro to SQL: Learn SQL for working with databases, using
- Google Big Query.
- AI Ethics: Exploring
- practical tools to guide the moral designs of AI systems.
- Computer vision: Build convolutional neural networks with Keras
- and Tensor Flow.
- Geospatial Analysis: Build interactive maps, and discover
- geospatial data.
- Intro to AI video games: Make your video games and Bot in it.
- Computer science: Apply the principles of artificial intelligence,
- database systems, human/computer interaction, numerical analysis, and software
Some of the minor skills include:
- Business intuition: Connect with stakeholders to fully understand
- the problems they’re looking to solve.
- Analytical thinking. Find analytical solutions to abstract business
- Critical thinking: Apply objective analysis of facts before
- Interest: Look
- beyond what’s on the surface to discover patterns and solutions within the data.
- Interpersonal skills: Interconnect across a diverse audience across
- all levels of an organization.
Now you would be worrying about where to learn these free data science courses? But don’t worry. We got your back.
Introducing you to a platform called Kaggle. Kaggle is a platform where you would learn all these skills for free. And the most important is that you get a certificate on completion. All free data science courses are available.
Several competitions are running daily. Buy winning; you get up to more than $100k. These competitions are for the enhancement of your skills. You can also hunt for a job by having a certificate. But don’t worry, you are hired soon because you are a data scientist.
You learn these free data science courses one by one. You can practice out on assignments.
Is being data science worth it?
Many people are still uncertain. Either to become and learn these skills or not? Put a reason in the comment section if you think. For example, most people think Data science requires some rocket science. But a big NO!
The above courses mentioned in data science are completely free. It’s a treasure we loved to share with you. So earn as much as you want. It’s not the time that you would enroll yourself in an undergraduate program. Then get a degree. Search out job. But now you do learn all these courses for free. According to several reports, data science is one of the emerging courses. Most companies would hire the best one because of their high proficiency skills.
Difference between Data Scientist and Data Analyst:
“A data scientist can forecast the future based on previous trends, but a data analyst just curates valuable data insights.”
“A data scientist’s work entails estimating the unknown, whereas a data analyst’s job entails examining the known from fresh angles.”
We did our best to let you know about the data science and it free data science skills. We hope you would learn alot about data science and make your fortune in it. Till now, see you in next post and other free courses.